Friday, March 06, 2009

My blood = 101 degrees C

From the Wall Street Journal:

"Mr. Obama's $3.6 trillion budget blueprint, by his own admission, redefines the role of government in our economy and society. The budget more than doubles the national debt held by the public, adding more to the debt than all previous presidents -- from George Washington to George W. Bush -- combined. It reduces defense spending to a level not sustained since the dangerous days before World War II, while increasing nondefense spending (relative to GDP) to the highest level in U.S. history. And it would raise taxes to historically high levels (again, relative to GDP). And all of this before addressing the impending explosion in Social Security and Medicare costs."

Read the article:
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123629969453946717.html

WHHAAATTT !!??... I have way too much to say about this... But Instead I'm trying to finance a house that I can't afford so that everyone else can pay for it... makes prefect sence; spend more then you have, place the burden on others, no responsibility for bad decisions. Then James, my son can just try to pay for that after im dead. Anyway If others have more then me, they deserve to give it to me. I deserve it because I have less... redistribute thier money to me! ride the wave. make sure you dont make too much, or you might miss it.

3 comments:

Candice said...

I agree. And they are looking to do another stimulus package since this one did not work.

This reasoning goes against everything that I have ever learned about money.

Annie and Jake Callister said...

Very frustrating stuff Shane. I have watched a lot of news lately (too much.. its like the car accident effect, I just can't not look)But anyway, There is plenty to be frustrated about. I just can't land on an answer for all of this that seems to be comprehensive in it's approach and that makes full sense to me. Its like a lot of "I hate this!" and not enough "Here's a great alternative strategy" I think there is just too much oversimplification of the problem. I keep hoping that the bright side of this will be that PEOPLE will learn a lesson of some kind... whether that's the freeloader, the over-extending borrower, the over zealous lender, or the "entitled" masses. Hopefully the economy comes out better in some fashion for having taken this beating. it seems like like either way, and as sick as it may taste, we have to collectively stand behind something right now... or were just going to argue our way to further down the shoot.

In this world it seems devastatingly unfortunate that some people can be both brilliant and incredibly amoral and that others can find long-term contentment in reliance on others.

Unknown said...

Yeah.... The Obama Administration is robbing us blind in an effort to extend the reach of Government and place more liberal Democrats into power. People dependent on Government is exactly what this administration wants so that they can be the ones everyone is dependent on. Unfortunately it has the side effect of destroying the country. We had several talks in church yesterday on self reliance. Government is trying to rid people of self reliance by expanding the welfare state in this country and redistributing weatlh. The administration is all about more programs, more handouts to people. They even ran their campaign for election on this. It should be no suprise to anyone that this is happening. Let the government take care of you, if you don't work, no problem, we'll solve all your problems. Well it isn't sustainable, it's not working, and further decline is the only outcome. People need to earn what they get. It can't be given to them. Everything that is produced in this country came from someone out there that produced it. Money doesn't grow on trees, but Obama doesn't seem to understand this. But I believe he understands it well, and is thus exploiting it.