Monday, September 22, 2008

DYER : Crest, Coat of Arms, Motto,

I love symbols. Ive been checking into Dyer family Crests and this what I found: ( I think that the second one down is most likely the one haveing anything to do with our family.
The winner for best looking is Dyer Irish Crest, motto: Vertus Sola Nobilitas is: "Solitude Turned [into] Greatness" Plus my middle name is kelly. and we might name our first son James Kelly.
English Dyer crest: this is my pick for best motto ; I wish not to intimidate, and Know not how to fear

This is the Welsh Dyer Crest. I didnt find much about it.

Another English Crest this Dyer family was in Aldebury, Hertfordshire in 1575, which depicts three silver goats passant, gold horns, attired gold on a black shield


I dont know anything about this one.. except that its a rug and you can buy it.

anybody know anything more about this business? mom?

9 comments:

Dan said...

we should all get crest tattoos now.

Ben and Shara said...

I'm in for the tattoo. Where to place it though. That is a tough one. The ankle doesn't seem like the right choice. What about our left shoulder blades? Or perhaps our right buttocks? Just name the place.

Annie and Jake Callister said...

i love crests too! They are all over Europe and the history behind them is so fascinating. I think I'm going to go find Barlow /Callister crests. Any good link i should know about?

It was great to see you this weekend!

Christy Dyer said...

I've seen the billy goats one before, maybe in some of Grandma Ruth's stuff....

Lauren Dyer said...

The Goats are my favorite one.

Anonymous said...

My name is David Dyer and I have some insight to the crests...

The Red/Gold coat of arms (second down) is for the family of Dyer with earliest known ancestor named Ralph Dyer (b.1410).

The 3 goats coat of armor was commissioned specifically for Sir James Dyer, Kt. and can be seen on couple of drawings that happened after a commisioned portrait showing the red/gold coat.

Only descendants of Sir James Dyer can use the 3 goats, otherwise, the red/gold coat for the rest of the family decended from Ralph Dyer.

I have found other "Dyer" coats but those are based upon Irish, Scotish, Welsh, and other families.

Unknown said...

My name is david dyer i live in Virginia USA i beleve i am a decended of sir james dyer how can i find out more i have gone threw ancestry.com

JANNIE said...

my name is Jannie Brown i am also descendent of sir James Dyer. my email is janniegirl23@yahoo.com i hVE PAPERWORK ON SIR JAMES DYER

Unknown said...

My name is Adam Dyer and I am from Kentucky so we may have relatives in common.